Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG, https://www.kfbg.org/ ) is a Hong Kong-based environmental NGO, with the goal to live in harmony with nature via three core programmes - Nature Conservation, Holistic Education and Sustainable Living. KFBG's activities extend throughout Hong Kong and into South China and other parts of the region. We are proud to be the ATBC Country representative of China, and endeavour to promote the exciting annual meetings of ATBC.
Last year, KFBG sponsored representatives of four Chinese NGOs to participate and share their work in the 55th Annual Meeting of ATBC in Kuching, Malaysia. This year, the sponsorship is open for post-graduate students or young researchers conducting tropical biology studies in China. The sponsorship covers roundtrip air tickets between a China city to Colombo, and CNY 2000 (~ USD 300) for other trip expenses.
*Grantees are required to cover their own costs for registration, visa and travel insurance.
- English at level 4 (Test for English Majors, TEM-4) or equivalent and is willing to give a 12-minute oral presentation of the research work at the meeting.
- Postgraduate student or researcher from a Chinese academic institute.
- The oral presentation must be on the grantee’s own research conducted on China's tropical ecosystems or species. Priority will be given to studies with practical to conservation.
- The grantee must participate in the entire meeting.
- The grantee must submit an article to KFBG on the reflections of participating in the ATBC meeting in Chinese within one month after the end of the meeting.
- Applicants must submit
(1) his/her resumé
(2) an English abstract of the proposed oral presentation (no more than 2 pages) to
by May 15.
- The finalists will be notified for a telephone interview.
- Successful applicants will receive notification by the end of April, otherwise their applications should be considered unsuccessful.
- Successful applicants must complete the meeting registration procedure before sponsorship is granted.
- Air tickets will be purchased directly by KFBG, and CNY 2000 will be given to grantees at the meeting. The grantees must arrange their own accommodation or other transportation required for the meeting.